Technology is powerful, and an organization’s rate of acceptance can impact corporate culture and productivity. Not all that many years ago, the adoption of personal computers, the Internet and e-mail brought radical change and some trepidation to the workplace; today, we’d be virtually lost without them.
Now, Web 2.0 technologies like social media, community building and knowledge sharing are poised to do the same. Many organizations recognize that social networking can increase efficiency and ROI by uniting employees no matter where they choose to live and/or work, but just as there are people who held fast to faxes over email attachments, some may struggle with uptake.
Employees may welcome the use of these new technologies if they are integrated as an enhancement to a service with which they are already comfortable. That is exactly what Infotrieve sought to do with the introduction of the social networking suite to our e-content software.
Through the Mobile Library, Infotrieve continues to provide fully-secure, cloud-based, copyright-compliant access to enterprise and personal content, along with instant access to the world’s largest collection of STM content, but now it also has the capability to link employees via industry-leading social networking and collaboration tools, including:
- Collaboration – Follow, share, and collaborate on content compliantly among participants in working groups
- Ratings, Reviews and Comments – Provide ratings, reviews, comments and annotations to documents
- Personal Library – Create and organize your own personal library
- Synchronized Workspace – Seamlessly switch between a PC, Mac® or iPad™, without skipping a beat
- Full-Text Searching – Search full text, abstracts, reviews and annotations with relevance ranking and hit highlighting
- Tagging – Easily assign tags, even at the time of purchase